POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Big whopping sparks : Re: Big whopping sparks Server Time
3 Aug 2024 04:14:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Big whopping sparks
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 15 May 2004 23:33:09
Message: <Xns94EB384D96A5Braf256com@203.29.75.35>
dva### [at] cedarnet news:40a6e00d@news.povray.org

> What sort of options are available for making big whopping sparks that
> light up the scene?

FOr questions please use povray.general (or .newusers).

As for sparks, You can use
1) small bat very bright emission media
2) small spheres/etc with high ambient finish
3) real light sources

options 1) and 2) need radiosity and therefore are usualy slow, on the
other hand using 3) is slow when YOu have too meany sparks.

Btw funny I was qoing to write a small FAQ/tutorial about it I hope You
will find it usefull :)

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/